Thursday, September 11, 2014

TBT - Storybook Village

Throwback Thursday takes us to Disneyland 1975.


Me with my dad just outside the main gate.


I mentioned Storybook Village in my fairy post and this is what I meant. Here we are in the Monkey cage on Casey Jr. Train inside Fantasyland. 


 My mom is wearing the checked top seated behind me and I am waving to my dad before we leave the station.


On the ride you're able to see Gepetto's Village where the miniature cottages are arranged. There's Gepetto's workshop, the dwarfs cottage, Toad Hall, Toad Manor, Cinderella's castle among others. Walt Disney had a passion for miniatures!

And of course at midnight we would line up on Main Street USA to see Tinkerbell fly from the tip of the Matterhorn all the way to Sleeping Beauty's castle! 

*chills*

1 comment:

  1. I love these photos! My first visit to Disneyland was in 1991 with our son who was 2. He thought everything was real. Since then I've been a total of 7 times. I adore Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete