Friday, September 5, 2014

Who Loves Fairys??? - Project

*Sigh*
Do you ever find that you just have so many ideas and not enough time to do them all??

My latest obsession is Fairy Houses and Villages. Gnomes are OK, but the delicateness of fairy gardens and twig furniture are magical! This week will feature fairy crafts.

When I was growing up in Los Angeles, my parents would take me to Disneyland two maybe three times a year. We had favorite rides (Space Mountain, Matterhorn, Small World, Big Thunder), but I think most of all we loved the DETAIL Walt put into the structures. We would often stroll Main Street admiring the Victorian town, New Orleans Square with all the lace and scroll work on the balconies, the iron statues surrounding the castle, these were what made it so special.

I remember I didn't really like riding the Storybook Village Canal Boats because they were so S L O W. I did like Casey Jr Railroad and its track was around and over the Village. I would love to look at all of the little cottages below.

I guess I have always liked miniatures and whimsy plus the fact Tink is a fairy made it all the better, right?

I can't drill into the exterior siding of our home, but told my husband I really wanted a Fairy Door. I decided to put them directly onto the walls of both doll rooms.


It's a layering process. 
First you paint the door then add more paint for dimension, flowers, moss, butterflies etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment