I LOVE this tutorial on making a doll house from NeonFresh!
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
This DIY tutorial from Crafts Unleashed is amazing!!
Supplies needed to make your own portable DIY dollhouse:
- 1 Small rectangular cardboard box or shoe box (the box I used had a hard drive in it or some computer part for my husband)
- 3 rectangular pieces of cardboard the same size as the first cardboard box (I cut down a large box to size)
- Craft Knife
- Scrapbook Paper
- Glue Stick
- Packaging Tape
- Dollhouse Furniture
Friday, February 21, 2014
Thursday, February 20, 2014
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Madelon's Ivy shows us Lilly Pulitzers Studio from the Paper Doll book.
Ivy has the current catalogue in hand.
Caroline walks the runway.
The book comes with fashion cut outs. If you are looking for a design studio for mini Isabelle this Lilly Pulitzer Paper Doll book has great backdrops!
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
When I saw this diorama I couldn't breathe!
Detailed. True to period. A must have!
Created by Welcome Home
I really love the colors.
I'm definitely making this bedroom for my Ken. The teal corduroy fabric bedspread along with the striped pillow and curtains are perfect.
What is your favorite part of Ken's Bachelor pad?
Monday, February 17, 2014
I love Dioramas. I'd like to take time to spotlight Ken and the idea of a special diorama all his own.
Ken's Bachelor Pad
- It's a New York City bachelor pad. The sofa was created from three pencil boxes, two computer wrist pillows, a zen garden frame, and four computer keyboard erasers (for feet) from the back to school section at the Dollar Tree Store. (and some remnant fabric and glue)
- The textured modern art above the sofa was created from a plastic notebook and picture frames purchased from Dollar Tree.
- The modern lamps on either end of the sofa were created by inverting clear lip gloss tubes with iridescent shimmer and gluing a sequin to the upside down top to give the impression of a light switch.
- The end table closest to the window was created from a clear glass cube, small picture frame and several tile erasers from Dollar Tree.
- The coffee table was created from four clear plastic cubes that housed puzzles from the toy section and the table top is a piece of beveled mirror purchased from Dollar Tree.
- The candle holders on the fireplace mantle and coffee table are upside down thumbtacks from the back to school section at Dollar Tree.
- The bar was created from two locker door pencil caddies which were inserted into each other. Four computer keyboard erasers were used to create the 'feet'. And a piece of vinyl tile was cut and stuck together to create the bar top. Again, all pieces purchased from Dollar Tree.
- The television was created from a magnetized photo frame and the 'speakers' on either side began their life as pencil sharpeners from the back to school section at Dollar Tree.
- The exterior room walls, and floor as well as the fireplace walls started out as pieces of foam core board purchased from Dollar Tree and were covered with scrapbook paper and spray paint.
Sunday, February 16, 2014
Saturday, February 15, 2014
- Toilet paper tube
- Thin cardboard (cereal or snack box)
- Hot glue
- Various scrapbook paper, felt, paint, ribbons
- Cut (slice) the tube vertically up the side, measure it to size on top of your mini doll's head, tape.
- Cut a piece of cardboard into a circle for brim.
- Trace the toilet paper tube onto the center of circle, cut out the hole; set aside.
- Cut the tube to the height you want your hat - taller top hat or lower derby hats.
- Hot glue the circle (hole) you previously cut and glue it to the top of your tube (lid).
- Glue the tube to the brim.
- Decorate as you wish - scrapbook paper, felt, paint, ribbon.
Friday, February 14, 2014
It's Valentine's Day, no pressure right?
The boys, Ken and Allan are on the best behavior. They aim to impress their favorite girls!
Ken surprised Barbie with beautiful roses...
...and a box of Valentine candy!!
"Ken, I want to thank you for the lovely flowers and chocolates. And this dinner was very romantic."
"I'm so glad that you like it Barbie. It's the least I can do, after all you really are a swell girl friend."
"I've had the loveliest time tonight."
"Happy Valentine's Day Barbie."
(I hear wedding bells, do you??)
Allan picks up Midge and the two are going to dinner.
Little did Allan know, but Ken and Barbie just left the restaurant for a stroll on the beach.
"Midge, before we go inside...I wanted to give you this...."
"Oh thank you Allan."
"You look very pretty tonight Midge."
"Thank you Allan. Boy you sure know how to impress a girl."
"Did you enjoy dinner?"
"Yes it was lovely."
(Wow that Alan is quite a romantic guy...SWOON)
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!