Finally, I found inspiration and motivation to do the necessary work on the exterior of the main house. This falling down, severely water damaged doll house looked like THIS when I bought it.
I removed all of the buckling siding and began replacing it.
A coat of Kilz, followed by several coats of "Buttercream" yellow interior semi-gloss paint.
I had to make minor repairs to the fragile trim, the wood on this house was EXTREMELY DRY.
The trim color is "super mint".
There is supposed to be a balcony on the second floor, but this 1979 kit is no longer in circulation. I have had to make adjustments along the way.
The side of the porch was bent and bowing.....I added vinyl brick to help stabilize it.
It took 900 (give or take a few) shingles to cover the entire roof!
I still need a front door and repair the porch railings. I would like to add a flower box to the front window too.